Philae Nubian desert River Nile 10 km Abu Oda Amada Qasr Ibrim Ellesiya Derr Wadi es-Sebua Maharraqa Dakka Dendur Gerf Hussein Kalabsha Beit el-Wali Taffeh Qertassi Debod Built in the 3 rd Century BC by Ptolemy IV and originally dedicated to the god Amun, It underwent gradual enlargement under the Ptolemies and the Roman Empire and was dedicated to the cult of Isis and Osiris. Built by the Roman emperor Augustus and probably dedicated to the goddess Isis. In 710 AD it was converted into a Christian church under the Nubian King Merkurius. Built by Augustus in honor of the Nubian god Mandulis over an earlier building a#ributed to Ptolemy IX. Commissioned by the emperor Augustus and dedicated to Isis, Osiris and two deified children of a Nubian prince among other deities, the temple was built in sandstone around 15 BC. Hewn from the rock face of the plateau by "utmose III around 1450 BC and dedicated to the god Horus, the goddess Satet and the sovereign himself. It has an inverted T-shaped plan and a vaulted ceiling. Donated to Parque del Oeste, Madrid, Spain Donated to Rijksmuseum van Oudheden, Leiden, Netherlands Portal donated to Berlin, Germany | Building donated to Aswan, Egypt Donated to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, USA Donated to the Museo Egizio, Turin, Italy DONATED TEMPLE COMPLEXES LOST TEMPLE COMPLEXES Debod Taffeh Kalabsha Dendur Ellesiya Gerf Hussein Qasr Ibrim Abu Oda Most of the temple complexes have been lost. Some are still visible in situ and some were moved to Elephantine Island.